- Fill in one of the search criteria fields: company name, city or zip code to locate a qualified locksmith near you;
- If you are in need of a special service make sure to check the appropriate “Service Required” to narrow your search.
- If your first search results are not successful broaden, click on the “reset” button and broaden your search parameters and then start a new search;
- Our system will return a list of qualified locksmiths near you or based on the “service required” criteria that you selected;
- This list is sorted in order of each member’s credentials, starting with members who have earned the highest level of certification with ALOA.
- CML – Certified Master Locksmith
- CPL – Certified Professional Locksmith
- CRL – Certified Registered Locksmith
- CAL – Certified Automotive Locksmith
- RL – Registered Locksmith
- Once you feel confident with your selection, write down their contact information for future easy access, and consider programming their telephone number in your mobile phone for emergency access anywhere, anytime.
CALL: Local qualified locksmiths bring a reliable familiarity with your area matched with strong community reputation, while national service providers offer well-known standards and service practices.
ASK: When contacting a locksmith, if the legal business name isn’t stated, ask for it. If there’s hesitation, there’s cause for concern. Hang up and move on.
VERIFY: Written estimates should be supplied before work begins, along with an itemized invoice upon completion.
CONFIRM: All service vehicles, vans and trucks should be clearly marked with the company name and identifying details.
CHECK: The locksmith should have a valid state locksmith license/registration (where applicable- visit for the most up to date list)
SHOW: The qualified locksmith should always ask for your proof of ID and authorization to begin work upon arrival, as well as supply his or her own professional identification and credentials.
REFUSE: If, for any reason, you’re uncomfortable, it is your right to refuse service.